4 Major Endorsements for OBAMA:
1-2.) Sen.of the Bay State of Massachusetts (w/ daughter Caroline Kennedy-Schlossberg) and Rep. Patrick Kennedy of the Ocean State of Rhode Island in the East
3.)of the Golden State of California in the West
4.) Gov.of the Sunflower State of Kansas in the South
6 Reasons Why the Kennedy Endorsement is a Big Deal
While endorsements don’t usually matter much,’s does because:
1. He has a huge following with Hispanics, a big deal inand other states, and one of Obama’s weaknesses.
2. The symbolic Kennedy family thing — the ultimate message of change, viability, Democratic legitimacy, and youthful excitement.
3. The national press will be obsessed with the story for days and days to come, with no downside for Obama; the local press coverage when Kennedy travels for Obama will be ginormous.
4. It sends a message to other senators and superdelegates that it is OK to be for Obama — they don’t have to be afraid of the Clintons.
5. He has a huge following among working-class, traditional Democrats, one of Obama’s weaknesses.
6. He has a huge following among union households, another of Obama’s weaknesses.
The Candidates’ Main Advantages As We Head to
, , , , and Texas
2. A sustained national polling lead
3. closed primaries in which only Democrats vote
4. perceived experience
5. white, Hispanic, and low-income voters
1. “Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton” will never sound like change
2. the media is (passionately) on his side
3. Maryland, Virginia,, and caucus states
4. Internet money
5. a loyal, ardent, focused staff
1. the national security card
2. the media is (cozily) on his side
4. open primaries
1. his (still vast) bank account
2. virulently anti-McCain Republicans who will champion him by default in a one-on-one race
3. the rising salience of the economic issue and his crisp CEO argument
4. talk radio
5. vigor and acute drive